External reviews of our sustainability performance
Our focus on continuous improvement and commitment to integrate the principles of sustainability into our everyday business activities is highlighted by the fact that in 2019:
- We were included in the FTSE/JSE Responsible Investment Top 30 Index and confirmed as a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series.
- Sappi has been classified as Prime by Oekom, one of the world's leading environmental, social and governance (ESG) research and rating agencies for sustainable investments.
- In all three regions, we were awarded a Gold Recognition Level in sustainability performance by independent rating agency EcoVadis.
- We reported to the CDP (www.cdp.net/en) under its climate change and forest programmes, making our responses publicly available.
- Recognised as a leader in the 2019 Corporate Sector and Children's Rights Benchmark.
Created by the global index provider FTSE Russell, the FTSE4Good Index Series is designed to measure the performance of companies demonstrating strong environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices. The FTSE4Good indices are used by a wide variety of market participants to create and assess responsible investment funds and other products.