SHARING VALUE IN THE RURAL ECONOMY
BENEFITTING THE INFORMAL SECTOR
We use recovered board and paper to supplement virgin fibre in the papermaking process. Sappi ReFibre has developed an outsourced business model that enables us to not only recycle large volumes of paper, but also benefits members of the informal sector.
SHARED VALUE IMPACT
- Steady supply of recovered fibre to Sappi
- 88 businesses have been established
- 484 jobs have been created
- ZAR44 million has been invested in the acquisition of equipment for suppliers, and
- Revenue for suppliers has amounted to more than ZAR2 billion.
Since 2010, through Sappi ReFibre: