Saiccor Mill is the world's largest single manufacturing site for dissolving wood pulp.
150,000 tpa neutral sulphite
semi-chemical pulp (NSSC)
for own consumption
Also produces lignosulphonate
bleached bagasse pulp for own consumption
office paper and tissue paper
unbleached chemical pulp for own consumption
240,000 tpa kraft linerboard
PRINTING AND WRITING PAPERS
mechanical pulp for own consumption
(OWN AND OUTGROWERS)
- We own and lease 387,000 hectares of plantations, of which approximately one third is managed for biodiversity conservation.
- There are approximately 27,588 million tons of standing timber on our land.
- Contracted supply covers about 129,000 hectares.
- Approximately 56 million seedlings were supplied from our own nurseries in 2018.
- Sappi Khulisa, our enterprise and supplier development scheme, incorporates community tree-farming in KwaZulu-Natal and the Eastern Cape. The total area currently managed under this programme amounts to 27,080 hectares. In FY2018, under the programme, 483,359 tons (2017: 448,221 tons; 2016: 395,232 tons), worth approximately ZAR387 million was delivered to our operations. Since 1995, a total volume of 3,796,940 tons, to the value of ZAR2.1 billion, has been purchased from small growers under this programme.
- Lomati Mill produces 102,000 m³ of sawn timber.
Approximately one-third of our owned and leased land is managed for biodiversity conservation.