Our accolades in 2019
In 2019, Sappi was selected for an Avery Dennison Supplier Distinction Award for the second consecutive year.
- In the International Content Marketing Awards 2019, SEU and John Brown Media were honoured with gold for the Best Use of Print with Reach Out and Touch publication.*
- Sappi won second place at the #druckerdesjahres (Printer of the Year) event in the category Hersteller = producer/manufacturer) for the digital solution Octoboost.*
- Sappi North America received the Minnesota dual training grant from the Office of Higher Education and Department of Labor and Industry for the amount of US$100,000. The grant allows Sappi to strengthen the local workforce by providing advanced technical trainings to employees while improving functions and safety at its Cloquet Mill.
- SNA's private forestry programme participated in a collaborative, multi-stakeholder project with Warren Tester, Carlton County's 2019 Outstanding Conservationist, to develop, manage and harvest 50+ acres of strategic forestland in Minnesota. Tester is also a finalist for the state-wide MASWCD Outstanding Conservationist Award.
- Sappi ETC's Print & Creative Manager was named Person of the Year by the Graphic Arts Association (GAA) where he was recognised for his contributions and being a key evangelist for the power of paper and print.
- Awarded Shoprite Supplier of the Year title in the general merchandise division which includes sustainability.
- Finalist in the 2019 Makro Most Sustainable Supplier of the Year award and received a special recommendation for being nominated every year since inception.
- We were recognised for our contribution in promoting export competitiveness, by winning the 2019 KZN Exporter of the Year awards convened by the Durban Chamber of Commerce. We were also announced as a finalist in the Africa and the Manufacturers categories.
- The Sappi Trails Programme earned an IABC Golden Quill Award of Excellence for communication in community relations.
- Our Sappi Refibre division was runner-up in three categories in the Absa Business Day Supplier Development Awards – Nation Builder, Impact and Overall Winner.*
- The African Honey Bee project was honoured with Community Chest Impumelelo Social Innovation Award in the community development category, winning the innovation income generation section.*